Be part of a team and culture that values and supports people to succeed and reach their full potential
Motivate and empower parents of young children to plan and prepare for study or employment.
Are you excited that you would receive 5 weeks annual leave and 12 days flex leave
Workskills is a leading, not for profit community based organisation delivering Employment Services throughout Southern Tasmania. Our Impact Communities Arm delivers the ParentsNext (PNX) Program to assist parents of young children plan and prepare for study and employment.
We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong passion for supporting and motivating others to succeed and reach their full potential. As a ParentsNext Mentor you will work closely with and assist the ParentsNext Manager to deliver the PNX program to eligible participants in Southern Tasmania.
You will be instrumental in the engagement of parents, offering them support and guidance in order to upskill and empower them to prepare for study or work.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Employment or Community Services, established local referral networks, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve positive social outcomes for participants from a broad cultural background.
What we are looking for in you
- Excellent customer service skills (both internal and external)
- Your ability to communicate with confidence, calmness and empathy
- An understanding of the barriers faced by Parents who are returning to work
- The ability to professionally engage with community stakeholders and established local networks
- Empowering case management skills, and experience working with people with diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of disadvantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills which can be used to build confidence and motivate people from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict
- Proven experience as an enthusiastic team player
- The ability to prioritise competing demands and remain organised under pressure
- Strong administration and computer skills
- A current Tasmanian Drivers’ Licence
What we will offer you
- Modern, safe, friendly and supportive work environment
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging options
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 12 days personal leave
- 12 days Flexi Leave
- Training and development opportunities
Take the next step in joining our team
For a confidential conversation about this exciting career opportunity contact Alicia our ParentsNext Manager on 0409 533 229
For a copy of the Position Description click here.
To apply forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision of success in this role addressing the selection criteria in the position description.
Submit your application via email to HR@workskills.org.au (Do not apply via seek)
Workskills Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a Child and Young People Safe Organisation all employees are required to undertake a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
Our ParentsNext program operates out of premises that have mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements for staff entry.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence