Are you passionate about working alongside young people?
Help young people achieve their life, work & education goals
Are you excited that you would receive 5 weeks annual leave and 12 days flex leave
Workskills is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as Transition to Work (TtW) Coach.
Workskills is a progressive, leading, not-for-profit employment services provider in Southern Tasmania. Even though we are experiencing rapid growth, our focus remains on being a great community organisation where our people have the ability to excel.
Our commitment to our clients is quite simple – to truly understand and prepare our clients for their future, to place our clients in meaningful jobs or training; and to help keep the employment or training opportunity – for the benefit of individuals, families and communities.
With a strong focus on customer service, our dynamic teams are genuine and passionate about changing lives. We are focused on continuous improvement and driving performance to best support individuals, employers and the broader community. Workskills provides the environment where our people can have a defining influence on the lives of Tasmanians – after all we have been doing this for 38 years.
Successful people in our business have a common skills set; outstanding customer service, the ability to prioritise; and a passion for enabling clients to achieve their full potential. In our current workforce we have amazing people that have come from the retail, hospitality and the general service sectors, equally we have professionals that have high levels of tertiary education. Overall, the key is your ability to excel in customer service.
The TtW service is an important part of Workforce Australia services in Tasmania, annually supporting at-risk young people aged 15-24 achieve their life, work and education goals. As a TtW Coach, you will be responsible for directly facilitating job, education and activity outcomes for a caseload of participants, using a person centred strengths-based model. You will engage with a range of internal and external services to ensure TtW Participants receive appropriate vocational and non-vocational support on their pathway to work and/or further education.
You will be supported to:
- Provide client-centred, strengths-based coaching for TtW Participants in accordance with the TtW Service Delivery Manual and the TtW Deed
- Manage a caseload of TtW Participants to provide individually tailored coaching support, through individual face-to-face appointments; small group activities; online coaching; and phone-based coaching
- Meet individual performance targets aligned with the TtW Performance and Quality Framework and contribute to the achievement of team and whole-of-service performance targets
- Coordinate with a range of internal supports and external organisations to provide TtW Participants with targeted vocational and non-vocational support; personal and career development activities; education placements; and work placements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to deliver, (through a comprehensive on boarding and training program), strengths-based, co-designed, client-centred approaches to youth development.
- The ability to understand the needs of young people; facilitate young people’s preparation for work and/or education; and support young people to achieve work and education outcomes
- The ability to develop skills in case management, tailoring services for individual clients; managing diverse caseloads with empathy and professionalism; apply service guidelines and models; and use digital case management systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to engage effectively with young people, and collaborate professionally with colleagues and external service providers.
Desirable but not essential:
- Educational qualifications in a relevant field
- Current Tasmanian driver’s licence
We offer you
- You will enjoy a modern work environment that includes a combination of working from our new central hub for collaboration, face to face servicing at sites, and an optional working from home day
- A safe, friendly and supportive work environment
- A challenging and rewarding career with development opportunities
- An attractive salary plus salary packaging options
- 5 weeks annual leave, 12 days personal leave and 12 days flex leave
Take the next step
To find out more about this great opportunity contact Sophie Calic Transition to Work Manager on 0439 661 614
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for we’d love to hear from you.
Your application must include:
- an up to date resume
- a cover letter detailing your vision of success in this role addressing the selection criteria.
Email your application to: HR@workskills.org.au (Do not apply via seek)
For a copy of the position description click here.
Workskills Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is recognised as an Employer of Choice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As a Child and Young People Safe Organisation Workskills employees must hold a Tasmanian registration to Work with Vulnerable People (child related activity) and a current satisfactory National Police Check.
All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.