Dynamic leadership opportunity with a community focus located in the Kingston / Huonville region.
Lead and motivate a small team to deliver tailored coaching for young people and make a real difference in the community.
Hybrid work environment, 5 weeks annual leave + 12 days flex leave and a fully maintained company vehicle with full personal use.
Workskills is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team as Transition to Work Team Leader in Kingston/Huonville. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a small, dedicated team in the delivery of personalised, employment coaching for young people.
Workskills is a progressive, leading, not-for-profit employment services provider in Southern Tasmania. Even though we are experiencing rapid growth, our focus remains on being a great community organisation where our people have the ability to excel.
Our commitment to our clients is quite simple – to truly understand and prepare our clients for their future, to place our clients in meaningful jobs or training; and to help keep the employment or training opportunity – for the benefit of individuals, families and communities.
With a strong focus on customer service, our dynamic teams are genuine and passionate about changing lives. We are focused on continuous improvement and driving performance to best support individuals, employers and the broader community. Workskills provides the environment where our people can have a defining influence on the lives of Tasmanians – after all we have been doing this for 38 years.
We are searching for an energetic, people focussed and results driven leader to join our team as a Team Leader, Transition to Work. Our Transition to Work Program is an important part of Workforce Australia Services in Tasmania, supporting at-risk young people aged 15-24 years achieve their life, work and education goals.
Your key focus as Team Leader will be to lead and inspire a small team of Coaches and drive team performance to achieve operational outcomes that contribute to the strategic direction of the organisation. You will support your team to deliver quality services, preparing young people for education and employment opportunities that will enable them to achieve their goals in life, work and education.
- Experience and demonstrated success managing performance-driven teams providing high quality client-centred services
- Ability to work independently, and as a leader of a team, exercising initiative, judgement and sensitivity in a workplace subject to competing priorities and public scrutiny
- Knowledge of the issues faced by vulnerable young people aged 15 -24 years in Southern Tasmania and strengths-based approaches to support young people to achieve their goals in life, work and education
- Demonstrated ability to source, review, analyse and translate information and data to make sound evidence-based decisions and problem solve to meet performance targets and service requirements.
- Capacity to work across a variety of digital information and communications systems
- Proven high level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Current Tasmanian driver’s licence and the capacity to drive a motor vehicle to multiple locations across Southern Tasmania on a regular basis
What we offer
- Modern hybrid work environment that is safe, truly friendly and supportive
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging options
- A fully maintained company vehicle with full personal use
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 12 days personal leave, 12 days flex leave
- Challenging and rewarding career with professional development opportunities
Take the next step
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity, contact Sophie on 0439 661 614 for a confidential conversation.
For a copy of the position description please click here.
To join our amazing team please email your application to: HR@workskills.org.au
Your application must include:
- an up to date resume
- a one page cover letter detailing your vision of success in this role
- a separate document addressing the selection criteria
Workskills Incorporated is proud to be an Employer of Choice and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As a Child Safe & Young People Safe Organisation all Workskills employees must have Working with Children Registration and a current National Police Check.
All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.