Help others to reach their life, work and education goals. Change a life!
Are you seeking a challenging & rewarding career with development opportunities?
Are you excited that you would receive 5 weeks annual leave and 12 days flex leave
Workskills is a great community organisation looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our amazing team as an Employment Coach
Workskills is a progressive, leading, not-for-profit employment services provider in Southern Tasmania. Even though we are experiencing rapid growth, our focus remains on being a great community organisation where our people have the ability to excel.
Our commitment to our clients is quite simple – to truly understand and prepare our clients for their future, to place our clients in meaningful jobs or training; and to help keep the employment or training opportunity – for the benefit of individuals, families and communities.
With a strong focus on customer service, our dynamic teams are genuine and passionate about changing lives. We are focused on continuous improvement and driving performance to best support individuals, employers and the broader community. Workskills provides the environment where our people can have a defining influence on the lives of Tasmanians – after all we have been doing this for 40 years.
Workforce Australia Employment Services is an important part of Workskills’ service offering in Southern Tasmania, supporting Tasmanians at-risk of long term unemployment.
As an Employment Coach, you will be responsible for directly facilitating employment, outcomes for a caseload of participants, using a person centred, and strengths-based model. You will engage with a range of internal and external services to ensure Workforce Australia Services (WAS) Participants receive appropriate vocational and non-vocational support on their pathway to employment.
Successful people in our business have a common skills set; outstanding customer service, the ability to prioritise; and a passion for enabling clients to achieve their full potential. In our current workforce we have amazing people that have come from the retail, hospitality and the general service sectors, equally we have professionals that have high levels of tertiary education. Overall, the key is your ability to excel in customer service.
You will be supported to:
- Provide client-centred, strengths-based coaching for WAS Participants in accordance with the WAS Service Delivery Manual and the WAS Deed.
- Manage a caseload of WAS Participants to provide individually tailored coaching support, through individual face-to-face appointments; small group activities; online coaching; and phone-based coaching.
- Meet individual performance targets aligned with the WAS Performance and Quality Framework and contribute to the achievement of team and whole-of-service performance targets.
- Coordinate with a range of internal supports and external organisations to provide WAS Participants with targeted vocational and non-vocational support; personal and career development activities; education placements; and work placements.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to work from our Huonville and Kingston sites as well as our Operations Hub located in Derwent Park.
- Ability to deliver, (through a comprehensive on boarding and training program), strengths-based, co-designed, client-centred approaches to youth development.
- The ability to understand the needs of a diverse range of people; facilitate people’s preparation for work and/or education; and support people to achieve employment outcomes
- The ability to develop skills in case management, tailoring services for individual clients; managing diverse caseloads with empathy and professionalism; apply service guidelines and models; and use digital case management systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, and collaborate professionally with colleagues and external service providers
- Provision of a current satisfactory National Criminal Record Check, and registration to Work with Vulnerable People in Tasmania
Desirable but not essential:
- Educational qualifications in a relevant field
- Current Tasmanian driver’s licence
We offer you
- You will enjoy a modern work environment that includes a combination of working from our new central hub for collaboration, and face to face servicing at sites
- A safe, friendly and supportive work environment
- A challenging and rewarding career with development opportunities
- An attractive salary plus salary packaging options
- 5 weeks annual leave, 12 days personal leave and 12 days flex leave
Take the next step
To find out more about this great opportunity contact Rebecca our Workforce Australia Services Practice Specialist on 0429 782 730
For a copy of the position description please click here.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for we’d love to hear from you.
Your application must include:
- an up to date resume
- a cover letter detailing your vision of success in this role addressing the selection criteria.
Email your application to: HR@workskills.org.au
Workskills Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is recognised as an Employer of Choice. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
As a Child and Young People Safe Organisation all Workskills employees must hold a Tasmanian registration to Work with Vulnerable People (child related activity) and a current satisfactory National Police Check.
All applications are treated with the strictest of confidence.